The Learning Commons is another phenomenal resource and academic support area College of DuPage offers. I take every classroom section of my face-to-face courses to a Learning Commons orientation every semester. Online students also have access to the Learning Commons via live on-line chats and resources from our http://www.cod.edu website:
A variety of academic support services are available in one convenient location: Glen Ellyn Learning Commons, SRC 2102.
Students often need help preparing for a test or navigating through their coursework. Other students may be doing fine in their coursework but feel they could do even better with some assistance. These services are free of charge. Stop in SRC 2102 or give us a call at (630) 942-3941.
The Learning Commons services include:
- Math Assistance
- Reading, Writing and Speech Assistance (workshops, one-on-one and online)
- Tutoring Services (face-to-face, online and for students with disabilities)
- COMPASS Placement Test Preparation workshops
- MyMathTest, a free online Math placement practice program
- Assistance for students with Blackboard and MyAccess navigation
In addition to academic services, the Learning Commons sponsors fun workshops and activities for students throughout the semester. Here’s a reading activity I encouraged my English 0482 online students to attend this month: